Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

In the past Storybook list that we were given, there were many interesting and unique topics. While there were many topics I enjoyed reading about. These are three that I thought were very interesting.

The first storybook that I found interesting was the Rocky Mountain Tales. I am particularly interested in this book because I lived for twelve years in Colorado's Rocky Mountains. I liked that they incorporated different types of stories, from the Native American tribes to the stories from later settlers. The color scheme and set up of the site were very outdoorsy and went well with the Colorado mountain theme. The writing was also very easy to read unlike some of the multicolored storybooks.

The next was a storybook about the Women in White. One of my favorite television shows is Supernatural, and the Pilot episode of Supernatural is about the Women in White, which originally drew me to that storybook. After looking at the book, I thought it was very interesting how it was written in first person, like a blog entry, from a 'ghost hunter' with a PhD in Parapsychology. I thought this idea was original and well researched throughout. The voice of the person speaking is also very unique and believable.

The last storybook that I will talk about was Stories from Australia. This storybook also interested me because of personal experience. In one summer in high school, I spent almost a month in Australia. We visited an Aborigines village and stayed with Australian residents for a few days. I thought that the layout of this blog was very simple, but I liked the blocks of color and pictures used a lot. I have also done research papers on different parts of Australian Aborigines lives throughout history. The background I have drew me to this storybook immediately.

There were many other storybooks that I looked at and liked, but these three were some of my favorites. I think this will be a very interesting and unique assignment to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment